Tried making chinese style egg custard as a treat for the hubbie. I oversteamed the first bowl but the second came out a perfect colour. :D Mission: success!
2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons butter
Put the butter, the sour cream and water in a small saucepan and heat, but do not cook. Cool to tepid then add the remaining ingredients. Put in a kneader. If thick add more water.
Let it rise double and cut into 16 equal parts.
Baking tray lined with baking paper and cut the ears with scissors.
Then, the eyes can be put, such as pepper grains.
Bake at 375° for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Soft Sugar Cookies
Fluffy. Soft. Pillowy. Yummy. It’s amazing how delicious plain sugar cookies can be.
The bread will turn out subtly sweet and flavored, but don’t use the low fat ice cream! More info here. (via 34 Insanely Simple Two-Ingredient Recipes)
I want to try the flax seed crackers and the ice cream bread~ xD Hit up the photo to get the complete list! :3
(via Chocoholic: Chocolate “Dirt” Pudding Pots | Serious Eats: Sweets)
(via Towering Sand Castle Cake Recipe)
Lembas Bread Recipe
Elvish Bread. One small bite is enough to fill a grown man!Minutes to Prepare: 15Minutes to Cook: 15Number of Servings: 10
Ingredientsâ€¢ 2 1/2 cups of flour
â€¢ 1 tablespoon of baking powder
â€¢ 1/4 teaspoon of salt
â€¢ 8 tablespoons of cold butter (1 stick)
â€¢ 1/3 cup of brown sugar
â€¢ 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
â€¢ 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup/honey
â€¢ 2/3 cup of milk/heavy cream (or more, if necessary)
â€¢ 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
1) Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celcius (425 degrees Fahrenheit).
2) Mix the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
3) Add the butter and mix with a fork or a pastry cutter until the mixture resembles fine granules.
4) Add the sugar and cinnamon, and mix them thoroughly into the mixture.
5) Add the milk/cream and vanilla and stir them in with a fork until a nice, thick dough forms.
6) Roll the dough out about 1/2 in thickness.
7) Cut out 3-inch squares and transfer the dough to a cookie sheet.
8) Criss-cross (DO NOT cut all the way) each square from corner-to-corner with a knife.
9) Bake for about 12 minutes or more (depending on the thickness of the bread) until it is set and lightly golden.
(the recipe makes about 10-12 pieces of lembas)
nutrition information is using honey, milk, and 10 pieces of lembas
Number of Servings: 10
Eeeeee! Hedgehog cookies! Shortbread with chocolate and walnuts
Apple Pie Cookies.
They don’t look as good as hers, but they sure are tasty!